- Skip to navigation
- Skip to content
voted by readers
About the Survey
- Reader's Digest Trusted Brands is an annual consumer survey, involving >18,000 people in 12 European countries (conducted in 11 languages).
- The survey's primary objective is to find out which brands Europeans trust the most across a range of consumer product categories.
- Since the launch in 2001 little has changed in the questionnaire format and content of the brand section.
- 20 product categories are common to every country + each country includes additional categories of their own choice. See winning brands.
- New to the 2013 survey were a range of questions focussed on what trust means to consumers and who/what might influence their purchasing decisions. See Trust in brands.
- People indicated their level of confidence in professions and government policies. See Trust in the community.
- A new question asking respondents to nominate their most trusted national personalities was added this year. Please contact each country locally for further details.
- Fieldwork was conducted online, and by mail, September - October 2012
- Respondents were drawn from the Reader's Digest customer database of >3 million homes. Due to sample selection and weighting, respondent profiles reflect broad population demographics in each of the 12 countries.
- In the spring of 2013 editions of Reader's Digest magazine across Europe will each carry a multi page section summarising the survey results, published in the local language/languages of each country. Over 6 million readers will have the chance to compare their Trusted Brands with those of their fellow Europeans.